Friday, June 8, 2018

June 8, 2018

Alyson's Exciting Day

·I woke up before 8 this morning. Daddy didn't seem very excited about that. But, he got up and made us pancakes for breakfast. Then, he cut some more grass while I watched the birds.

·When we left the Birdhouse, we took a tour of southern Pocahontas County. We stopped for a picture at the Pearl S. Buck house and the Gesundheit Institute. I wasn't too impressed with those, even after daddy explained them to me. But, then we went to Beartown and walked through the rocks. It was so cool. Daddy asked if I remembered being there before, but I didn't.

·Next, we went to Cranberry Glades. Daddy stopped at the Nature Center, but I didn't like it. There were stuffed dead animals and creepy snakes. So we left and walked along the boardwalk instead. I kept hoping to see animals, but we only saw some minnows and some fish.

·Finally, we stopped at the Falls of Hills Creek. I found a painted rock on the way down to the lower falls. At the bottom, daddy and I climbed down to the water fall. The wind kept blowing my skort and the mist was cold. Then, we had to climb 362 stairs back to the top. I let daddy know how I felt about every stair.

·Back at Dave's we played a while in the creek. I found a couple of cool looking rocks to take home. The water was cold, but I even got my hair wet.

·Daddy's friend, Seth, stopped by. I was shy and quiet the entire time he was here.
Daddy cut a little more grass once he left. I helped by moving bricks and wood. I got a little dirt on my face while I helped.

·We grilled for dinner. BBQ Pineapple Chicken, corn on the cob, and potatoes and squash. It was delicious.

·We watched the fireflies put on their show once it got dark, and then started Harry Potter over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment