Saturday, August 13, 2016

August 13, 2016

Most Memorable Events of the Day:

Slept much better last night. I did wake up and find Daddy had already left to go yard saling.  I cuddled with Mommy a little while before getting up and starting our day.

Mommy and I got ready and went to Chick-fil-A for lunch and I got to play a while.  We went to Walmart where we found lots of great clothes and school supplies.  We even ran into my new school librarian.  Mommy knows her and I used to play with her son.  When we got home, I had a note from my kindergarten teacher welcoming me to her class.  It was the first time I didn't seem nervous about school and I was so excited.  I can't wait to go to orientation next week. Since I was so excited and kept asking how many day, Mommy put the dates on the calendar so I could mark off the days and keep track.

Daddy helped me start learning how to tie my shoes, since they have laces.  I practiced with a rope.  Mommy said Daddy is a master at teaching knots.
We video chatted with Grandma and showed her my new clothes.

Spent the evening relaxing and watching Back to the Future as a family then watched the Olympics.  I cheered "Go USA!" while Michael Phelps swam what he says will be his last race. He is amazing! 

Before bed, I got out one of my journal books, telling Mommy that I wanted to write down what I learned today.  I drew a picture that looked like a squiggly line over a line that was over blocks.  I told Mommy that I learned that heat rises and cold air sinks so I drew hot air over ice cubes.  I learned that when observing the drastic temperature difference between the attic and the basement while helping Daddy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment