Friday, July 10, 2015

July 10, 2015

Highlights of the Day:

  • Woke up real early in the tent.  It was so bright at the birds were singing very loudly.
  • I couldn't wait to take the tent down and get back to the beach.  I kept saying, "Beach Day!  Beach Day!" 
  • When we got to the parking lot for the beach, there were already horses there eating some of the grass.  They didn't even pay any attention to us.  They were so beautiful.
  • I met a friend named Lily at the beach and we played a long time together.  It was nice to have someone my age to play with.
  • I found more great shells for my "collection" and had a great time jumping over the waves as they came in to the shore.  We even got to fly my kite.  It was so much easier to fly and lifted itself off the ground without any running.  It even got away from us one time, but Daddy saved it.  We even saw a big crab come out of the sand then go back in and hide from us.  He was so cool.
  • We stopped at the visitors center on the way off the island, then headed home.  I didn't make it too far before falling asleep.  It was such a busy day (or two). 
  • Other than getting frustrated by traffic (since I wanted to be home), we had a nice trip home.  I was happy to see my pets, to make a horse craft, to watch a movie, clean my shells, and talk to Grandma about the trip. 










Being a mermaid














Jumping over the waves























"raccoon eyes...  needed more sunscreen around the eyes."  :(  
My horse "craft"




No comments:

Post a Comment