Monday, April 6, 2015

April 6, 2015

Highlights of the Day:
  • Woke up exhausted but excited for our adventure!  I got dressed then dozed on the couch until Mommy was ready to leave.
  • We rode the train into Union Station in DC with Ms. Sierra and Ms. Emily.  The train was super fun.  I loved looking out the window and seeing the animals, farms, river, and then buildings in the city.  I did take a nap on Mommy's lap for about 40 minutes or so while we were on the way.
  • It took a little while to find the squirrels at the park and there were only three that we saw, but it was still fun feeding them and they even took some of the peanuts out of our hands.
  • We visited the Botanical Garden (which had a super cool root exhibit), walked around the National Mall (which wasn't a mall at all), and the Museum of Natural History (which had super cool animals, dinosaurs, and a diamond that wasn't nearly as impressive as Mommy had explained to me).  After lunch, we rode the Metro to the zoo.  It was very crowded and we had to walk a lot after already spending most of the morning walking, but it was still cool to see all of the animals.
  • We made it to the train just in time before it pulled out of the station to head home. 
  • We were glad to be home and were exhausted from so much walking today.









The ladies behind me in the picture gave me some candy that had strange writing on it...
Mommy thinks it might have been from China.  I was very appreciative.






Gravel..
Gravel...


And more Gravel...













































Me and my new friend, SunStar, my purple panda.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment