Thursday, June 20, 2013

June 20, 2013- Happy 150th Birthday West Virginia!

Alyson's Most Memorable Events of the Day:


  • We all three ate waffles for breakfast this morning... YUM!  
  • I helped Mommy and Daddy do a little organizing and cleaning until lunch time.  My favorite part was helping Mommy sort a Rubbermaid tub of pencils, candy, cups, and toys.  It was so much fun!  I got super excited every time I found a new piece of candy.  We separated them into Ziploc bags to make them more organized in the tub.  Mommy found a great new thing to keep me busy... sorting!  I loved it!
  • After changing out of my pajamas, Mommy and I went to pick up Carol and then we went to the library.  I was so excited to go there since I've heard all about it.  Ever since I watched the Thomas the Train video, I have wanted a Thomas book, so Mommy told me we could look for one at the library.  Today was the 150th birthday of the state of West Virginia, so our library was having some fun things today.  They had a craft room for the kids.  I walked around but was a little too little (and didn't have enough attention) to make the corn husk dolls that the kids were making.  I decided I would rather spend my time working puzzles, playing in the puppet show area, and looking at books.  The first book I pulled off the shelf was a Go Diego Go book then we started searching for Thomas the Train and also found Curious George.  We left the library with two Thomas the Train books and three Curious George books.
  • Mommy, Carol, and I then went to the mall and the grocery store.  I go to drive the red car shopping cart in the store and was a big girl.  I did try to sneak a candy bar when Mommy was in the check-out aisle, but she saw me grab it.  Oh well!
  • After my nap at home, we drove to Charles Town to eat (I was so excited we ate outside and I kept feeding the birdies my food).  We also picked up a truck for Dave.
  • The rest of the night was spent helping our friend Dave load his truck with various things from another truck, a building (where I got to play with bowling pins), and our house.  Mommy said Dave was trying to make our house lighter by taking some bricks.  While Mommy was helping, I kept asking her for hugs.  When she would lean in to hug me, I would tap her on the head with my hands and say, "your head is a drum!" and laugh and laugh.  Mommy said I was silly!










No comments:

Post a Comment