Sunday, August 11, 2013

August 11, 2013

Alyson's Exciting Events of the Day:
 

  • I woke up just in time for a late breakfast.  I ate waffles while everyone else ate biscuits and gravy.  I was such a big girl picking up the cut piece of waffle with my fork and dipping each piece into the syrup and wiping the edge of the bowl with it so it didn't drip.  Mommy told me I was such a big girl.
  • I helped Grandma pick some cherry tomatoes right before we left.  She washed a few and put them in a bag for me so I could eat them on the road.  I ate all of them before we even made it out of town....  I LOVE tomatoes!  
  • I rode with Daddy in the car while Mommy drove the SUV.  We stopped in Beckley so Mommy could pick up a box of t-shirts for work then we ate lunch at Bob Evans.  I had a second "breakfast" of chocolate chip pancakes and applesauce.  While we were there, the song Weird Science came on and I jumped out of my seat and started dancing...  Mommy said, "that's my girl!"
  • I napped from Beckley to Lexington, Virginia where we stopped to go to the safari park.  I love that place!  I got to ride on Mommy's lap so I could see the animals and feed them a little better.  As soon as we started driving, it rained for about 10 minutes, so almost all of the animals ran into their shelters or under the trees.  Once the rain stopped, they all came back to the cars to eat.  I was a little nervous about holding the bucket for the animals.  I was upset that some of the animals were making a mess, throwing the food all over the car with their mouths or beaks, but it was great to be so close to so many nice animals.  I liked feeding them and then looking in the book to see what the name of the animals was.  When the car in front of us lost a bucket because an animal knocked it down, Mommy said, "Bucket Down!" so I said that over and over again throughout the park.  I thought it was hilarious when the camel took Mommy's bucket, dumped the food in his mouth then tossed the bucket.  I even got to pet the noses of a couple of the gentle animals.  When I got out of the car to walk to see the other animals at the park, I fell in the mud (even though Mommy had my hand).  I got mud on my bottom so I changed in my skirt to walk around.  I got to see the kangaroos (we all hopped like them), monkeys, goats, and many different species of birds.  The little colorful birds wanted to land on my arm since I was holding their treat stick, but I kept getting nervous and dropping my hand and the stick so they flew away.  Daddy had to show me how to do it.  
  • We were stuck in traffic some so it took us a very long time to get home.
  • Once at home, I helped Mommy get the mail and rode my scooter before bed. 
  • I played my Snoopy game in the car and bought all kinds of things with my coins that I earned.  I bought a gopher hole, a pile of leaves with a rake, a blue frog, and a cornucopia.  I also hired a mime and a magician.  Daddy found out everything I had bought once we got home and he got ready to buy something for me.  I keep spending all of his "snoopy money" so he doesn't have any to spend.  
  • We are all tired, but I am looking forward to this week... Mommy told me I would get to see Ms. Cheri and Payton this week, so I am super excited!






















No comments:

Post a Comment