Sunday, June 21, 2015

June 21, 2015

Highlights of the Day:
 
  • I immediately wished Daddy a Happy Father's Day when I woke up this morning.  He was excited that I had remembered.  I couldn't wait for Mommy to wake up to give Daddy his gift, so I gave it to him without her.  He loved his two new shirts! 
  • I wore a beautiful dress and my new Cinderella shoes to church today.  Everyone loved my shoes!
  • Got two stickers for being good downstairs at church.  Had fun with Tori and my other friends.
  • Mommy and I took Daddy to his favorite restaurant, Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch.  I got a new crown, Alley-Oop and Daddy even gave me a lesson on what that meant.  I got to try the claw machine but didn't win anything.  Those new animals in there are tricky!
  • After a quick nap at home, we went for a hike.  It was my first "real hike" and I didn't do too bad.  I had a few moments of fear when Daddy warned me about some poison ivy.  I immediately thought all green plants were poison ivy and was afraid for my legs or arms to touch any of it which was tricky on narrow sections of the path.  By the end of the hike I was doing much better and Mommy had helped me to see which plants I needed to be cautious of. 
  • After the hike, we drove to a dam in the Potomac River and it was really cool to see.  My favorite part was throwing rocks into the river and the Blue Heron that was catching fish at the river.  Mommy and Daddy seemed very excited about it too. 
  • We broke the rules and had dessert before dinner, stopping at Nutter's in Sharpsburg to eat ice cream.  It was delicious!  We will definitely have to go back.
  • At home, we finished cooking and ate dinner, did a little cleaning, rearranged some furniture, and of course we called Grandpa to wish him a Happy Father's Day. 
  • What a great family day!


































No comments:

Post a Comment