Wednesday, November 11, 2015

November 11, 2015

Highlights of the Day:
  • Woke up super early to catch our train to Washington, DC.  It was a great day for a trip, especially since Mommy and Daddy didn't have to work and I didn't have school today.
  • We rode to Union Station where we saw a Amtrak tribute to the veterans.  Mommy told me all about veterans and why we celebrate today.  We ate a quick breakfast before sharing peanuts with the squirrels.  We had a nice lady join us to feed them.  They ate lots of peanuts and even buried some for later.
  • We walked to the Air and Space Museum and Mommy and I watched an Imax movie, To Fly.  It was super cool and I was so excited about how big the screen was... not nearly as excited about how loud parts of the movie were though.  We walked around the museum and Mommy was so excited about everything.  She said that was one of her favorite places. They had a cool kids exhibit where we could play with things to learn more about flight.  I thought it was great!
  • While walking to the Metro, we stopped at the Carousel at the National Mall.  Of course I rode the animal that Daddy called the dragon/sea horse.  I'm not sure what it was, but I loved it!
  • We rode the Metro and ate lunch then met Gabriel and his family at the zoo.  We had so much fun running around and looking at all of the animals.  We even saw some deer just wondering around the zoo.  They weren't in any enclosures, were wild, but a couple jumped in with the elephants which was very strange.  I was disappointed that we didn't get to see the panda outside.  Next time, Mommy said we would have to look at them earlier.  I did talk Mommy into buying me a small Bei Bei stuffed panda and a panda necklace.  I was so excited about them!
  • On the Metro ride back to catch our train, I fell asleep for about 10 minutes, then was awake and ready to enjoy the rest of the trip home.  Mommy wasn't quite as awake during part of the train trip home. 
  • It was a great day and I can't wait to go back!





















































My elephant trumpeting




No comments:

Post a Comment