Saturday, April 9, 2016

April 9, 2016

Most Memorable Events of the Day:
  • Happy to sleep in a bit this morning.  I even cuddled with Mommy in her bed for a bit and watched part of E.T. again while she snoozed a little bit longer.
  • Got up and got dressed and Mommy and I went out for the day.  We went to an indoor yard sale, flea market, and walked around Harper's Ferry for a bit.  At the yard sale, I bought a couple of small stuffed dog and bear and a book but ended up with another three or four things that were given to me.  People would say, "just take it."  I later told Mommy that it was "just because I was cute."  At the flea market, I looked at a box of jewelry and said, "Grandma would love that!" When Mommy looked over, she saw me holding a blue plastic band ring with two white skull and cross bones on it.  I was so excited about it that Mommy said it would make a perfect Mother's Day gift for Grandma (Mommy hopes Grandma acts surprised when she gets it).  Also while there, an older gentleman saw that I was carrying a turtle stuffed animal and offered to give me a turtle in exchange for a hug.  He held up the turtle and it was a Maryland Terrapin and I hid behind Mommy and started walking away. At Harper's Ferry, it was so windy and cold (and even spit a little snow) that we didn't stay too long.  I did enjoy seeing the old buildings, rivers, and the train tunnel that we went through last week on the train (especially excited to see a train come through it again today).  Mommy even gave me her sweatshirt to put overtop of my jacket since I was cold.  That made me much warmer.  I think Daddy was jealous we had so much fun without him.
  • Once back in town, we went shopping to pick out my soccer ball and shin guards.  I went through about five "favorite" balls before finding one that was "just what I was looking for."  I ended up with a pink, black, and neon yellow ball and had to have shin guards that "matched."  I only have to find socks and I'll be ready for Monday's practice.
  • I spent the afternoon/evening resting.  Mommy napped on the couch and I relaxed beside her and eventually fell asleep too.  I slept nearly three hours then still seemed a little out of sorts and whiny.  I mentioned hoping I would feel better for church and Monday's soccer so Mommy is hoping I'm not coming down with anything. 









No comments:

Post a Comment