Monday, July 2, 2012

July 2, 2012

Alyson's Exciting Events of the Day:

  • I woke up when I heard the garbage trucks outside.  Mommy was a little disappointed that I didn't sleep longer.
  • After breakfast, I helped Mommy work on laundry and do dishes.  When I got my bathing suit out of the dryer, I took the top and put it on (around my waist) and wore it around until Mommy changed my clothes to leave.  I also spent some time on the suitcase helping Mommy sort clothes, with the help of Gemma.  We then ran a few errands: to the bank, the post office, and to turn in Daddy's paperwork. 
  • Mommy found what she believes to be something called a freckle on my arm.  She was very excited and even took a picture of it, though it didn't turn out so well.
  • I had a good long nap, then went swimming with Carol, Chip, and Mommy at Chip's brother's pool.  It was so much fun.  I spent some time in my lifejacket and some time without.  I also enjoyed walking around the yard smelling all the flowers that were planted and enjoyed playing with the basketballs in the water.  I also practiced floating on a pool noodle with the help of Mommy.  I did not want to leave and had a meltdown when Mommy tried to change my clothes to leave.
  • After arriving at home, Mommy cooked dinner.  We had yummy fish sticks, shells and cheese and corn on the cob.  It was delicious!  I helped Mommy finish off her ear of corn and completely cleaned my plate.  She was so proud!
  • After playing and a bath, I was really cranky.  I fought Mommy when she tried to put a diaper and pajamas on me and she was not happy.  She was so upset that she wouldn't even let me read books while I did my breathing treatment which made me even more mad.  I finally calmed down in time to fall asleep and didn't fight Mommy at all when it came time to lay down in my crib.  Mommy was thankful of that!  She said if swimming causes me to meltdown like this, we may not go swimming ever again.  I'll have to remember to be better behaved after I go swimming the next time.









No comments:

Post a Comment