Sunday, December 23, 2012

December 23, 2012

Alyson's Exciting Events of the Day
  • Even though I didn't fall asleep last night/this morning until after 1:00am due to sleeping in the car and visiting, I still woke up before 7:00 this morning.  Mommy was not amused. She got up with me and after cuddling a little bit in my new bed, we got up and played with my shopping cart and watched Garfield. 
  • I kept wanting to wake up Daddy and wanted to play Grandpa's drums but Mommy told me I had to wait for every one to wake up.
  • We all got dressed and ready to go to church.  This time we went to a big, pretty church.  There was lots of singing, candles, a few Christmas trees, and Alice was there.  It was fun, but Mommy told me I had to stay quiet and I did great for a while, then needed to be a kid again, so Grandma took me to the nursery to play.  I had a great time and they even gave me a snack.  It was fun!
  • After church, we went for a quick lunch at Taco Bell before stopping by Santa's House to visit.  I got to spend about 10 minutes with Santa and Mrs. Claus and told him I wanted a kitty cat for Christmas and that I had been a good girl.  I loved all of their decorations on their house and at times I was more interested in the decorations than the big man.  At one point, I put the tip of my finger in my nose and Santa told me that he puts his finger beside of his nose to go up the chimneys but not in the nose.  Santa and Mrs. Claus let me look at a book with them and we talked a little bit before he gave me a coloring book and crayons.  I really liked hanging out with Santa... He's very nice!
  • I fell asleep after leaving the Santa House and the next thing I knew, we were on our way to the mall. 
  • Mommy and Daddy took me to Build-a-Bear to pick out and help build a new friend using the Christmas money that Uncle Bill and Billy and Sherry sent me.  Of all the animals that were there, I picked a penguin to build.  Mommy says it is the Happy Feet penguin, but I don't know what that is since I haven't seen that movie.  I just thought he was cute and reminded me of Diego and George.  I named him "Waddle" and told Mommy it was a girl.  After trying on several pairs of shoes including pink sparkly boots and a couple of hats including a bunny hat with ears, we decided on a pair of sunglasses and a red backpack for me to carry Waddle on my back or front. 
  • I stopped and played on a couple of the toy cars then played in the playground area at the mall.  Grandma said I was all over the place and she was surprised at how fear-less that I am.
  • We met Dave and Andrea for dinner and to exchange gifts.  They got me four different things.  I loved them all, especially the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse toy.
  • We visited Carleton and Minnie and their dog Bella.  She kept licking me and I kept trying to play with her.  She was very sweet and patient with me.  Minnie let me play with a flameless candle and let me "blow" it out.  I had fun!
  • We tried to go see the St. Albans Festival of Lights, but the line was too long and Mommy says I would have fallen asleep before we got to the park, so Daddy just drove around the city and let us look at the decorations on people's houses.  It was fun!
  • What a busy day!  I was exhausted and asleep before 9:30!


















No comments:

Post a Comment