Saturday, December 8, 2012

December 8, 2012

Alyson's Exciting Events of the Day

  • I woke up at exactly 6:00 this morning.  Mommy was not amused but got up with me anyways.  She fixed me yummy cinnamon toast and we ate and cuddled on the couch.  Mommy kinda napped a little off and on while we cuddled.  It was so cute.
  • Once Daddy woke up he had to leave to go to collect toys for The Salvation Army at Wal-mart.  So, Mommy and I cuddled some more and I played with my kitchen, sat in the window reading my books, rode my bike, made a "tower" out of play-doh and even made a big "snowstorm" in the house with the shredded paper I dug out of the shredder while Mommy was fixing lunch.  Mommy made me clean up the mess but she helped me.  I think she thought it was funny (and frustrating too!).  After eating about half of my lunch I spilled the rest on the floor, on the old furnace grate.  I cleaned up what I could, but Daddy will have to finish the rest since I couldn't reach it all.  I found a dum-dum in my candy bucket and Mommy let me have it.  After a couple of licks I said, "YUM!  My favorite!" so Mommy asked me what flavor it was.  I said "oranges" (Mommy said it was peaches).  I ate almost the whole thing before dropping the rest on the floor then said it was "dirty." 
  • When Mommy tried to get me to nap, I made sure to cover my bear, giraffe, and Dolly with separate blankies, then even covered Mommy with a blankie while she laid in the floor beside me.  It took a while, but I finally fell asleep. 
  • After my nap, Mommy and I had a quick snack then went to Charles Town to see Daddy and take him food since he was hungry.  I helped him with the toys even though he wouldn't let me play with them.  I waved at people who walked by and even blew kisses at a couple of them.  I even dance to some of the Christmas songs Daddy was playing on his iPod.  When an upbeat version of "God Rest You Merry Gentleman" (by MercyMe) came on, I started dancing and said, "My favorite!"  You can tell I feel a lot better today. 
  • After about an hour with Daddy, we went back home for a little bit, then met Daddy at the church to help unload the toys.  I played with Rebekah while Mommy helped Daddy and the Storys move the toys into the big truck.  There were lots of toys and I kept wanting to play with them.  When we got ready to walk back home, it was sprinkling rain.  I looked up and said, "snowstorm!"  Mommy laughed at me.
  • Once back at home it was time to cuddle with Daddy then time for bed.
  • Here's hoping I feel even better tomorrow!








No comments:

Post a Comment