Thursday, April 17, 2014

April 17, 2014

Alyson's Antics for the Day:


I said:

  • "Look!  That leaf looks like a peacock!" (after seeing a peacock showing all his feathers at the zoo earlier in the day).
  • "Look at the flowers!" (stopping to see tulips right after rushing through the botanical gardens not wanting to look at the flowers).
  • "My favorite part of the day was feeding the squirrels."
I did:
  • I relaxed on the couch this morning watching a little television while Daddy did a little housework. 
  • Mommy and Daddy told me they had a surprise for me so we got ready and left the house.  We got on the Metro and Mommy told me we were going to the Zoo.  I told her I wanted to play but then decided I would be okay to walk around the Zoo.  We saw elephants and bears, otters and zebras.  We ran into the Story family in The Bird House and walked around with them for a while.  At one point, there was a peacock blocking our path with his feathers stretched out all the way.  It was beautiful.  I found two leaves and put one in each hand and flapped my arms and pretended to be a bird.  I also stood on one foot pretending to be a flamingo, but my balance wasn't so good.
  • After leaving the Zoo, we went to the Botanical Gardens where there were lots of flowers, but the most exciting thing there was the water that sprayed as well as the wind turbine in the front of the building.
  • We walked by the capitol building.  Mommy and Daddy acted like it was an important place, but I just thought it looked funny.
  • We ate dinner at Union Station and I thought it was neat seeing the people waiting for their trains.  I asked Mommy where they were taking their suitcases. 
  • We bought peanuts and fed the squirrels at the park across from Union Station.  I loved it!  They must have really trusted me since they came to get peanuts out of my hand. 
  • After three minutes of being in the car after we got back to Shady Grove, I was sound asleep and slept all the way home. 
  • Once home, Mommy and I cuddled on the couch and watched the end of a Tinkerbell movie and an episode of Thomas before going to bed. 
  • What a long and exciting day!



















































































No comments:

Post a Comment