Monday, June 9, 2014

June 9, 2014

Alyson's Antics for the Day: 
  
I said:
  • "I'm flying."  (while flapping my arms with leaves in my hands as Daddy and I walked the dogs)
  • "God just blows away the clouds."  (as Mommy comforted me as I was worried about last night's storm)

I did:

  • I was slow to wake up this morning.
  • After saying goodbye to Grandma, I got ready for school.  Daddy took me today.
  • There were only 3 other students in my class, so we spent the day in Ms. Amy's class.  I got to play hide-n-seek with Ms. Jessica and Ms. Amy.
  • When Mommy picked me up from school, she took me to the Rec Center to buy me a gymnastics outfit to wear for class tomorrow.  I picked out a pink and purple sparkly one.  When I tried it on, I was so excited that I didn't understand why I couldn't go and have class at that moment.  I was disappointed that I had to wait another day for class. 
  • I helped Mommy and Daddy sweep up debris from last night's storm.  There were lots of sticks and shingles from the neighbor's roof that we cleaned up in the front of the house.  Daddy wouldn't even let me go in the backyard today due to the limbs down out back. 
  • Last night's storm must have bothered me more than Mommy originally thought.  I brought it up a few times in talking to Mommy.  I drew a picture with sidewalk chalk of the house after the storm with things all over the porch and sidewalk and even added shingle scraps to the artwork.  I also drew a picture of the door, the "robot" (heater/ac unit in the basement), and the Scooby Doo chair that was in the basement while we rode out the storm.  At bedtime when I brought up the storm to Mommy again, she related the storm to the story of the three little pigs and talked about how strong our house is.  She also said that God protects us and all we have to do is pray when we are scared and He will keep us safe.  That made me feel much better.
  • My cough was so much better today that I didn't need any breathing treatments until bedtime.   Mommy seemed relieved that I was feeling better today.  We are hoping for a more restful night without middle of the night breathing treatments tonight.











No comments:

Post a Comment