Wednesday, May 30, 2012

May 30, 2012

Alyson's Exciting Events of the Day:

  • I slept in until 9:00 this morning... Mommy was thrilled!  She thinks it is simply due to all of the travel making me tired, but hopes I will continue to sleep in.
  • I ate a Tudor's apple biscuit and drank chocolate milk this morning... YUM!  I even shared a bite with Lucy (Grandma and Grandpa's dog).
  • Mommy and Grandpa packed the car then Mommy and I hit the road toward home.  I slept the first hour and a half then Mommy stopped so we could eat at Chick-fil-a... as soon as we pulled in the parking lot I started saying "MOO!" because I recognized the sign or building.  I ate chicken, fruit, and milk, then got to play in the play area.  Mommy was so proud of me since I climbed all the way to the top by myself.  She got nervous though when she saw that there were some wild bigger kids up top in the tube I needed to crawl through.  I crawled through anyway, then turned around and came back and climbed back down the spiral stairs instead of coming down the slide.  It was fun!  Then Mommy drove the rest of the way home.  I made sure I stayed awake to help Mommy stay awake.  I kept her busy making her hand me books and snacks and such along the way.  I'm such a good helper.
  • When we got home, Daddy was waiting on the porch.  He was so happy to see me and I was so happy to see him.  He thinks I've grown up a lot in the 6 days I have been away...  Mommy thinks he is right!
  • After getting a bite of dinner and going to the grocery store for essentials (bananas, pancake mix, and juice), we came home and spent the evening playing with toys and Play-doh and reading my books.  I enjoyed spending time with Daddy and Gemma... I missed them so much!
  • Mommy and Daddy celebrated that today was the first full day without a bottle!  It's been a long time coming since every time they were going to take it away I ended up in the hospital, but it finally happened!  They were so proud of me! 
  • Be sure to visit my personal page (click on the link to the left) for the Berkeley County Relay for Life which will be this Saturday.  I'll be walking with Mommy in memory of my great-grandmother.  If you can, make a donation or if you click on "Honor a Loved one with Luminaria" to buy a luminaria that will be included in the ceremony at the Relay.






No comments:

Post a Comment