Saturday, June 2, 2012

June 2, 2012- Relay For Life Day!

Alyson's Exciting Events of the Day:
  • I woke up at 7:15 and spent some time with Daddy while Mommy slept in a little longer.  I ate chocolate chip muffins and a banana for breakfast.  When Mommy woke up and had muffins, I wanted to help her too.  I obviously was still hungry, though Daddy doesn't know how!
  • Mommy and I were dressed alike today, how embarrassing!!!  My Relay For Life t-shirt was way too big (past my knees), but Daddy tied it in the back to make it seem smaller.  He says that this is the new style with the big girls, but I'm not so sure. 
  • Mommy and I walked to the Relay For Life and watched people walk around and around the track.  We cheered and watched while white doves were released, so pretty!  I clapped and waved while the people in purple shirts walked by on the track, Mommy said they are survivors.  They loved seeing me clap and smiled when they waved back at me.  They thought I was too cute!
  • I walked one full lap with Mommy with my bear backpack on while holding the end of the Spring Mills Middle School Spring For a Cure banner.  From that point on, I was pushed around the track in my stroller a few more laps before we left to go to Autumn's graduation party.
  • A special thanks to Norma and Dorothy for their donations to my Relay For Life page!  You both rock!  :O)
  • At the party at War Memorial Park, I wanted to run and play on the swings and slide more than hang out with everyone else.  The mac-n-cheese and chicken was yummy, so was the cake!  I really enjoyed learning how to play bocce with Daddy and the boys.  It was fun!
  • After the party, we went back to the Relay for a bit because one of Mommy's students was being recognized for raising so much money (over $2400!).  Daddy pushed me in the stroller and I fell asleep!  I slept MANY laps until Mommy was ready to go home to eat dinner.
  • After dinner, Mommy and I played blocks and I was a stinker until it was time for her to go back to the Relay again.  This time, Mommy would not let me go since it was getting so close to bed time.  I stayed home to play with Daddy until bed. 
(Note from Mommy:  I was reminded why today of why I wait until the little girl is in bed every night to do this blog post...  she was VERY helpful (sarcasm!) during this posting today.)  :O)









No comments:

Post a Comment