Saturday, June 30, 2012

June 29, 2012

Alyson's Exciting Events of the Day:
 
  • I slept in until after 9:30!!!  Mommy says I've never done that before... she was so happy to get to sleep in too!
  • After getting ready, we went to see Daddy up the hill at the office, then headed to the dining hall to get some cereal since we slept through the official breakfast.  After eating, I grabbed the broom and tried to help clean up the mess around our table.  I love this broom since it is just my size.
  • We walked around camp a little bit and helped in the office.  I had to stop many times to smell the flowers on the office porch.  I also stopped in the parking lot to pick up rocks to give to Daddy.
  • After lunch, Mommy and Daddy took me swimming in the lake with my new lifevest.  I loved it!  I kicked and splashed.  Daddy videoed me, but Mommy didn't get the video to post on here.  She will post it to Facebook once she gets it from Daddy.
  • Swimming made me tired, so I went back to the cabin to take a nap until nearly dinner time. 
  • After dinner, we spent a little time with Daddy in the office where we heard about some bad storms that were coming our way.  Mommy got on the computer and played meteorologist and after everyone looked at the radar of the approaching storm, campfire was cancelled and everyone prepared for the storm.  Mommy and I went back to the cabin by ourselves and spent some time in the bathroom with a headlamp as our only light.  She said it was the safest place we could be in that building since it was the innermost room and it had no windows.  We listened to the camp radio as Daddy talked about all of the trees coming down all around them and though Mommy was trying to hide it, I could tell she was a little nervous.  Instead of worrying too much about it, we read books, sang songs, and even made shadow puppets on the wall.  After the worst of the storm was over, we sat in the corner of the living room away from all of the windows and read books and played with Mommy's ipad until it was my nite-nite time.  I'm not sure why we skipped medicine time or why there were no lights on, but I slept pretty good until morning.
(Note from Mommy:  this date is the only day so far this year that the blog has not been posted on the date about which it is written...  I think this storm and no power was a good excuse!)



No comments:

Post a Comment