Wednesday, September 19, 2012

September 19, 2012- My 2nd Birthday!

Alyson's Exciting Events of the Day

  • Daddy was being loud this morning and accidentally woke me up before I had to be awake.  He cuddled with me in my rocking chair for a little while to let me get a little more rest. 
  • Mommy sang the Happy Birthday song to me this morning.  I've heard that song a lot lately, but today is my special day, so Mommy says.
  • On the way to Ms. Cheri's, Mommy stopped to buy me and my friends blueberry cake donuts.  We even took one for Ms. Cheri to celebrate my birthday.
  • Mommy picked me up a little earlier than normal which was very exciting.  Ms. Cheri told Mommy that I had been singing the Happy Birthday song during the day. 
  • Daddy and Mommy took me to Chick-fil-a for dinner, my favorite place.  I played before and after we ate and a couple of the employees that Mommy and Daddy know brought me a cow with a yellow balloon tied to it.  I was very surprised and excited about it.  It was so nice of them!  Daddy and Mommy both took turns helping me climb to the top of the playground area where the slide is.  They had to give me a boost up each step since my legs aren't quite long enough.
  • After a quick shopping trip to Lowes on the way home, we went home to ride my bike in the parking lot near the house.  I haven't quite figured out the pedals yet and I like pushing it around as much as riding it, but it's still fun.  I also tried out my new scooter...  Thanks Uncle Chris and Aunt Candy!
  • After playing, Mommy and I watched the movie Annie, one of Mommy's favorite from her childhood.  We also watched it on my birthday last year.  She said it will be our little birthday tradition, at least until I could pick my own movie.  I sat beside Mommy on the couch and watched about 45 minutes before needed something else to do... it's actually a pretty entertaining movie.  I especially liked all the dancing and singing!
  • During my bath, I practiced pouring water from my frog toy to my cup.  When I heard a train while in the tub, I said Grandma and Grandpa's house (since that is where I'm used to hearing so many trains).  Even with chattering teeth wanted to continue playing in the water.  After my bath, I streaked down the stairs without my clothes avoiding bed.  Mommy had to bring my pjs downstairs to put them on me and then I willingly went back upstairs and got ready for bed.
  • I received three phone calls today, one from Grandma and Grandpa, one from Aunt Marsha, Aunt Carol, and Mawmaw, and the third was from Geoffrey the Giraffe from Toys R Us.... all the calls were to wish me a Happy Birthday!  I felt so special!
























No comments:

Post a Comment