Saturday, November 17, 2012

November 17, 2012

Alyson's Exciting Events of the Day

  • I decided I wanted to wake up at 6:15 this morning, even though I could sleep in.  Daddy was not amused since it was his day to get up early with me. 
  • We played downstairs and did dishes.  I decided at about 7:30 that I needed to go upstairs to visit Mommy. After reading in bed with her and cuddling for a few minutes, Mommy took me back downstairs and we found Daddy sleeping on the couch. 
  • I hung out with Daddy a little while longer while Mommy went back to bed a little longer.
  • I only went upstairs two more times while she was sleeping and the gate at the top of the stairs was closed (Daddy told Mommy to do it so I wouldn't interrupt her sleep). 
  • Mommy finally got up and we had breakfast (her first, my second breakfast).  We cuddled on the couch for a little while. 
  • It was a lazy day, and I really never got out of my pjs.  Daddy had his hair in a small ponytail and talked me into letting him fix my hair too.  The ponytail didn't last long, but was super cute.  Daddy and I stayed in the house all day.  We had grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch then I took a 2 1/2 hour nap. 
  • When I woke up, Mommy was gone, she had gone to the library to do some work. She brought home pizza for dinner.  It was delicious! 
  • I found my monkey hat that Grandma and Grandpa gave me and decided to wear it... Daddy did too.  It was so silly on Daddy! 
  • I helped Daddy do some cleaning and organizing upstairs after talking to Grandma on the phone.  I even got to eat a Twizzler that Mommy gave me from my trick-or-treat bucket.  It was yummy!
  • I decided it was bedtime and told Mommy and Daddy I was ready for bed and ran up the stairs.  We read a few books...  I'm really good at flipping the pages and naming what is pictured quickly, then flipping the page and continuing.  "Barn (turn page), pumpkins (turn page), school bus (turn page), grasshopper (turn page), etc...."  Mommy is very impressed with what a good "reader" I am.
  • After reading, doing verses, and praying, I laid down to go to sleep.  Once again tonight, I told Mommy "I'm scared."  It makes Mommy upset that I am scared.  She told me when I'm scared that I should sing or pray so she started singing, "Jesus Loves Me" and I sang with her.  After she was done, I started singing the prayer that we sing at meal time, "God, Our Father once again, we will ask your blessing, Amen."  I sang this a few times while laying in bed trying to fall asleep.  I also sang ABCs and Twinkle and Old McDonald too.  I finally quieted down and fell asleep. 










No comments:

Post a Comment