Thursday, September 19, 2013

September 19, 2013- My 3rd Birthday!

Alyson's Exciting Events of the Day: 
 
  • Mommy and Daddy woke me up singing Happy Birthday.  When the finished, I just moaned since I was still so tired.  Mommy says I'm definitely her girl since I'm not a morning person.
  • I was excited to take my mini cupcakes to Ms. Cheri's to share with Payton.  We both chose to eat a green cupcake with lunch.
  • Mommy picked me up and took me to see my buddy, Dr. Wear for my check-up.  While we were waiting to go back, Daddy let me open my mail.  I had two birthday cards in the mail, one from Sherry, Jeff, Jimmy, and Rowdy and the other from Grandma and Grandpa.  Both cards had money in them and I was super excited to put them in my money bank.  I wasn't sure about the scale used to check my weight, but at least it had Elmo and Spongebob stickers to stand on so it was less scary.  I weighed 28 pounds.  Daddy stood beside me so I would stand against the wall to get my height checked.  I'm now 35.5 inches tall, only another 1/2 inch and I'll be 3 feet tall!  Mommy says I'm growing into a big girl.  Dr. Wear looked at my eyes with a bright light.  I wasn't real excited about it so he turned out the lights and I was surprised to see that he had glow in the dark stars on his ceiling.  They were very pretty and reminded me of my room.  I was a big girl letting him look in my mouth and ears.  He told Mommy and Daddy that I was a very healthy girl.  Then came the worst part, the shot.  I ended up getting stuck twice since I jerked away and she didn't get to inject the vaccine.  She had no idea how strong I was.  I screamed and cried, but Daddy cuddled with me to make me feel better.  After a minute of crying, the nurse offered me two stickers and I was much better.  I picked a Strawberry Shortcake and Disney Princesses stickers.  
  • I chose Chick-fil-a for my birthday dinner.  I ate chicken nuggets, fries, and fruit.  Daddy even bought me a cookie sundae for dessert.  It was delicious.  I also got to play in the play area and made lots of friends and played games with them while there.
  • When we got home, Mommy and Daddy were tired, so I let them rest a little while I played with the iPad on the couch.  I spent the rest of the evening playing, coloring, and putting away a few toys and books.  
  • I got four phone calls today.  Aunt Marsha and Uncle Danny called using Facetime, Grandma and Grandpa called using Facetime, Uncle Chris and Alexis called, and even Geoffrey the Giraffe from Toys R Us left me a birthday message.  I asked Mommy to play Geoffrey's message over and over again.  It was nice to talk to everyone today.  I told everyone that I am three today.
  • I decided to wear my Halloween shirt to bed tonight since it is feeling more and more like fall.  
  • At bedtime, Mommy and Daddy and I sang Twinkle, Twinkle, Little StARRRR (like a pirate).  It is a yearly tradition to sing this song on my birthday since I was born on Talk Like a Pirate Day.  It's so much fun!







No comments:

Post a Comment