Thursday, October 31, 2013

October 31, 2013

Alyson's Exciting Events of the Day:

  • It was a slightly early morning due to a meeting Mommy had to go to.  I was also surprised that we went to Ms. Sierra's house instead of Ms. Cheri's house today.  I missed Payton, but had a great time with Ms. Sierra and Ms. Kelly.  I even got my first trick-or-treat candy of the evening from them.
  • Mommy let me eat a lollipop on the way home and I was crunching it much more than she thought I should be.  She kept reminding me to lick it and telling me I would hurt my teeth.  I reassured her that my teeth did not hurt while I was crunching the candy.
  • Once at home, I found two Halloween cards waiting for me.  One was from Grandma and Grandpa and the other was from Alice.  I was so excited to have mail to open.  I opened them all by myself and was thrilled to find $5 in one of the envelopes!  
  • We ate a quick dinner then changed clothes and got in the car to go to Ms. Carol's house.  Her house was the first house where I rang the door bell to get candy.  At the first few houses, I forgot to say "trick-or-treat."  Instead, I said, "Do you think you have any candy for me?" and "Please."  Every one thought I was too stinkin' cute.  Carol walked with us around a big block then Mommy and Daddy and I walked to several more houses.  I was most excited by a pencil I got in my bucket and a "blowy flower" (dandelion puff) that I found next to the sidewalk and had to pick.  After each and every house, I turned and grabbed the piece of candy out of the bucket and held it up and said, "Look Mommy and Daddy, look what I got!" and a few times I said, "I got my favorite!" (for skittles, twizzlers, and gummies). We spent most of the time walking through light rain, so Mommy and Daddy took turns trying to hold an umbrella over me while I ran ahead.  I ended up with wet boots and my candy got slightly damp from the rain.  It was still so much fun!  Most of the people at the houses I visited were impressed I was so polite.  Even people on the street were surprised since I said "excuse me" as I walked around them.  Mommy was so proud. 
  • Once back at Carol's house, I got to pick one thing from my bucket to eat.  I chose gummy fruit to eat then Carol let me eat a bowl of strawberry ice cream with whipped cream.  It was delicious! 








 












No comments:

Post a Comment