Monday, August 6, 2012

August 6, 2012

Alyson's Exciting Events of the Day:
  • I woke up at about 7:30 this morning, just in time to give Mommy a kiss goodbye since she had to go to work this morning.  I got to spend the day with Daddy while Mommy was away.
  • After breakfast of waffles with "dip," Daddy and I did some laundry and washed some dishes.
  • Then, we went for a walk.  We stopped by Ambrose Park and then went to the mall where I tried Daddy's lo mein noodles and had a grilled cheese for lunch.
  • After lunch, I played at the mall playground.
  • I was so excited when Mommy came home from work.  I came running to her to give her a big hug.
  • Mommy and I cuddled on the couch for a bit watching Curious George together then I helped Mommy cook dinner.  It was delicious and I nearly cleaned my plate.  I kept holding up pieces of food to Mommy and she would say what it was then I would smile and eat it.  We did that with carrots, broccoli, chicken, and pears.  YUM!
  • I dumped my bucket of small toys on the floor of the living room, then Mommy and I played with some of them.  One of the toys was a space shuttle.  Mommy showed me how the space shuttle glides down to earth after being in space then talked about how it lands like an airplane, but has its own parachute.  She also showed me some strange black and white pictures and talked about a "rover" that is on a place far away called Mars.  She seemed super excited about it.
  • We went to visit Carol for just a minute to swap keys for donuts and I kept yelling for Socks the cat.  I miss him!  On the way home, Daddy went through the Dairy Queen drive-thru and got me some ice cream.  I made quite a mess eating it once we got home, but it was delicious!
  • While getting my medicine and getting reading for bed, I read my Nights Out, Lights Out book about nocturnal animals... I love that the pictures move when you turn the pages.  I also read one of my favorite books with Mommy, The Foot Book by Dr. Seuss.  Mommy sometimes gets so silly reading it and I get too excited.  After she read it, I started reciting much of it from memory.  Daddy thought I was too cute!







No comments:

Post a Comment