Wednesday, August 1, 2012

August 1, 2012

Alyson's Exciting Events of the Day:
  • I woke up about 7:45 this morning and let Mommy sleep a little longer.
  • I ate chocolate chip muffin tops, banana, and milk for breakfast... YUM!
  • After breakfast and a couple of hours of play time with Mommy, we got ready to leave the house.  Mommy put my shirt on then handed me a pair of shorts to put on myself.  I ended up with both of my legs in one leg of the shorts, so Mommy had to take my picture.
  • We headed to lunch at Burger King.  I wore a crown on my head while sharing a chicken sandwich and fries with Mommy.  I also had some apple fries too!  Mommy says she has good memories of sharing BK chicken sandwiches with her Daddy when she was little, back when they used to cut the sandwich for you.
  • After lunch, we walked around the mall then Mommy let me play in the mall playground.  I had so much fun and made friends with other kids that were there.  I even thought one of the boys was chasing me around so I squealed and ran from him.  I played until I left the play area which Mommy has warned me about so she made me leave right away and we went straight home.  I was mad, but Mommy explained that I wasn't listening to her and that I shouldn't have left.
  • After returning home, Mommy let me stay awake for an episode of Curious George before my nap. 
  • After an hour nap, Mommy and I played with my puzzle and cards until we heard thunder.  I was scared so I ran and held on tight to Mommy's neck every time there was another clasp of thunder.  Since I was scared, Mommy thought I needed to go outside for a science lesson about the storm.  The first few bolts of lightning and clasps of thunder while outside were very scary, but I could tell Mommy was enjoying them and was trying to get me to enjoy them too, so I finally relaxed a bit and even started enjoy it.  The rain was pouring and little pieces of ice that Mommy called "hail" even started bouncing off the ground.  When one bounced onto the porch, Mommy put it in my hand and asked me what it felt like and I said, "ICE!"  She tried to get a picture of me holding the hail, but I kept closing my hand around it and she couldn't get a good picture.  She explained that it had fallen from the sky.  She also told me that the sound of the thunder was coming from the sky too.  I'm not really sure how that works, but I'm sure Mommy will explain more about it when I'm a little older.
  • We ate yummy dinner of beef roast, mac-n-cheese, mashed potatoes, and corn before checking on Socks.  I wore my swimming goggles around my neck and my flowered head band on the back of my head when we left the house then came home to eat ice cream.
  • I helped Mommy clean up after Gemma and Cameron, and by help I mean that I made a bigger mess for her to clean up by picking up the food bowl in the wrong place and causing half of their food to hit the floor.  Mommy was not happy and I got in trouble.  She even made me help her clean it up.




















No comments:

Post a Comment