Sunday, October 7, 2012

October 7, 2012

Alyson's Exciting Events of the Day

  • After a late night last night, I slept in a little bit, until 7:50.  I woke up saying, "Daddy... Love you... Daddy... Love you."  I was quite surprised when Mommy came in to get me.  I was still half asleep and wanted Daddy, then wanted back in bed, then wanted a drink, then wanted to go downstairs.  Finally, Mommy took me downstairs where we had breakfast before Daddy woke up. 
  • After Daddy woke up, we cuddled on the couch and I helped Daddy eat his cereal, even though I had already eaten one breakfast. 
  • We got dressed and went to church.  It was a little more chilly than normal, so I wore long sleeves and a jacket.  I got to carry the umbrella to church.  Mommy thought we should take one just in case it started raining again.
  • I had fun in the nursery during Sunday School and church. After church, I ran around the front of the church, even when Major was trying to have a meeting with the kids.  I really wanted to play "Twinkle, Twinkle" on the piano, but Mommy wouldn't let me since they were having a meeting.
  • After walking home, we immediately got in the car and went to the mall where we ate lunch.  Mommy and Daddy got Chinese food and they ordered me a grilled cheese sandwich at The Diner, but I was more interested in eating Daddy's lo mein noodles instead of my sandwich... the noodles were much more fun and were delicious!
  • After lunch, we played in the indoor play area.  It was not a very nice day for playing outside, so I'm glad I got to play inside.
  • Once at home, I took a long nap until almost dinner time.
  • I did play "Twinkle, Twinkle" on our home piano and sang very loudly. Mommy thought it was beautiful!  As soon as she started videoing me, I got much quieter and was not nearly as entertaining.
  • Mommy put some paint in a bag and taped it to the floor for me to play with.  I couldn't understand how I could move around the paint without getting it all over my hands.  I kept looking down at my hand surprised that it wasn't covered in paint.  It was fun.  (Mommy got the idea from Pinterest)
  • I spent the rest of the evening cuddling with Mommy on the couch.  We watched an episode or two of George and I also played with Mommy's ipad and iphone for a little while.  I cuddled with Gemma too, and climbed the back of the couch.  Mommy also taught me how to give Eskimo kisses.  I couldn't stop smiling because I thought it was silly, but fun! 
  • We ended the night watching the launch of the SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket carrying Dragon to the space station.  We watched it on NASA TV.  Mommy was excited and I thought the bright lights and loud noises were kinda fun.  She kept telling me all about how the rocket was going to space, where the moon and stars are and how far away it is going.  I don't completely understand, but know that it makes Mommy happy.
  • I'm getting better at wearing hair clips.  I wore a couple of hair clips most of the day yesterday and wore one to church and back home.  Maybe Mommy will be able to keep my hair out of my face after all.
 



 











No comments:

Post a Comment