Sunday, December 8, 2013

December 8, 2013

Alyson's Exciting Events of the Day


  • I woke up a little after 7:00 this morning and I cuddled with Mommy and Daddy until about 8:15 or so.  Mommy and I went downstairs and ate breakfast together and I asked to watch Despicable Me.  I really like that movie, but asked Mommy, "where are the little girls?" because I had forgotten that the girls aren't with him at the beginning of the movie.
  • I took a bath and was excited to show Mommy that I could recognize the numbers 1, 2, and 3 with my toy bath numbers.  We are working on identifying some of the letters and more of the numbers.  I love laying in the water on my tummy pretending to swim.  I also love to squirt water out of my rubber ducks.  It is so much fun!  Mommy even gave me a new rubber ducky that was white and had a black hat on like a snowman.  She said her "Secret Santa" gave it to her, whoever that may be.
  • Right about bath time, I noticed that it was starting to snow... by the time we got our shoes on to go to church everything was covered with snow and it was pouring the snow still.  We all wore our snow boots and walked to the church.  Of course, I had to stop and play with the snow a bit on the way.  Once there, I played with Emily and Sierra while Mommy and Daddy swept the sidewalk and cleaned off cars for everyone to go home early from church.
  • While walking home from church, I played more.  Daddy and I made snow angels, I stomped and hopped, and brushed snow off of people's steps with my gloved hands.  I love the snow!
  • After lunch and a little warm up time at home, I took a nap.  After nap, we began to make room by rearranging some furniture for our Christmas tree.  I played outside some more with Mommy and Daddy and even tried to throw snowballs at Daddy but the snow wouldn't pack, so I just threw snow powder at him.  He still thought it was silly.
  • After dinner, we put up the Christmas tree.  I wore my elf apron and put the angel on the top (with Daddy's help).  I also hung several ornaments (very close together).  Mommy and Daddy reminded me to spread them apart.  I was most excited by the Wizard of Oz jingle bell ornaments.  I had to make sure they were all there when we were finished.
  • We ended our exciting day with hot cocoa and a cookie and time building trains with Daddy. 
  • What a day!












No comments:

Post a Comment